Sunday, October 10, 2010

Are you prepared for an evacuation?

 



Okay, I had this dream last night....I hate this kind of dreams.  But anyway, the dream was about my home being in the path of a wild fire.  Kind of like the one they just had in Herriman.  I my dream I can remember watching the fire and thinking to myself we might have to evacuate if it changes directions.  And then all of the sudden it did.  I paniced, I wasn't ready for that and I was frantically running around trying to get all the things I thought we just couldn't loss.  You know like computers, pictures, important records, etc.  And there where everywhere in my house and not in one central location.  I woke up in a bit of a panic as you would imagine. 

So I felt impressed to share this will all of you.  We need to all consider the possibility that we might have to evacuate on a moments notice.  And if that even happened will we be prepared.  I know I am not! 

So over the next few days I am going to be working on a plan to help us get our affairs in order.  I am going to be researching the internet for ideas, of course.  Why reinvent the wheel one someone has already done it, right.  I hope you are all on board with this, because I think this something important for our overall preparedness.


- Mardi

No comments:

Post a Comment