Week # 35: 50 lbs of Wheat (white or red)
Click here to read the 1st post on why you need wheat, how to store it and what to do with it.
10 Reasons to love Whole Wheat:
- It’s more nutritious, providing several more minerals, vitamins (18 more to be exact!), and natural photochemicals than white flour.
- Relax! It has More B Vitamins which are known to help with nerves & stress.
- Get cleaned out. Whole wheat provides more fiber, preventing constipation & diverticulosis. The American Dietetic Association recommends 20-35 grams daily, the average American consumes only 12 grams.
- Lose weight and keep it off! Whole wheat has a lot of fiber which has almost no calories, keeps you fuller for longer, absorbs 3x it’s weight in water, cuts absorption of calories, cleans out impurities, requires more chewing, and takes 1/2 as much to fill you up and takes longer to digest.
- Reduces your risk of colon cancer & other diseases.
- Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and risk of adult on set Diabetes.
- Cheaper! It will lower your food costs by at least 30% to 50%!
- Lowers doctor visits, bills, & medications.
- Lowers Dentist Bills by cutting down on tooth decay.
- Eating Whole Wheat keeps your body both emotionally and physically used to wheat.